We are a group of dedicated volunteers who love hiking, bike riding, skiing, and snow-shoeing around our beautiful valley. We are a federally and provincially registered non-profit organization.
Our board of directors (as required by the BC Societies Act) is elected annually at the Trails Society’s AGM each November.
Our mission is facilitate the development and protection of primarily non-motorized trails, in the Armstrong/Spallumcheen area, by working with community groups, government and other stakeholders for the benefit of all trail users.
- To develop, operate and promote a network of non-motorized trails throughout the Armstrong/Spallumcheen area in the province of British Colulmbia for educational, recreational and environmental benefits to the public
- The bylaws of the society are those set out in Schedule B of the Society Act.To work in partnership with the Township of Spallumcheen and City of Armstrong in the revision and implementation of the Official Community Plan
- To work in partnership with other interested parties, organization and agencies in developing trails
In the development, maintenance and promotion of trails, we value:
- enhancing quality of life for residents and visitors in the Armstrong/Spallumcheen area
- connecting off-road and on-road systems between the two communities (Armstrong & Spallumcheen)
- modelling and promoting ecological integrity and environmental stewardship
- promoting safety, courtesy and environmental awareness on trails and bike routes